Villiers-en-Plaine

Located in the plain of Niort, Villiers-en-Plaine is a village whose history bears witness to many adventures. Originally, Villac was a lake town located on the shores of a lake that disappeared around 1350. In the Middle Ages, it took the name of Villiers to become in the 16th century. Villiers-en-Plaine. The feudal castle was built in the 9th century by the Norman invaders, who had become lords of the town. Shaved in 1242 on the order of Saint-Louis, it was rebuilt in the 15th century by the Jordan of Embleville. By marriage, it became the property of the La Forterie family from 1868 to 1954. Located in the heart of the village in a wooded park of 7 ha, the castle is now home to the town hall. Its outbuildings are arranged in childhood space and its former stables house the media library G.-L. Godeau.

Prestations

Equipments

  • Bar cafeteria tea room

Services

  • Media library
Villiers-en-Plaine - 79160 VILLIERS-EN-PLAINE

Go there with Google Maps

Nearby