Vestiges de l'église Saint-Léger - Crypte

  • PICT0080

Having become a parish church then a Protestant temple after the Revolution, the church was partly demolished: today there is only one Gothic chapel and the 7th century crypt.
Condemned in the 17th century, the crypt was rediscovered by Alfred Richard in 1875 and classified as a Historic Monument in 1879.

Visit reserved for groups by reservation at the tourist office.



  • Bar cafeteria tea room
  • Restaurant


  • Media library
Vestiges de l'église Saint-Léger - Crypte Rue Garran de Balzan - 79400 SAINT-MAIXENT-L'ECOLE

Go there with Google Maps