Moulin à Missé

  • misse-moulin

This former fortified mill was built around 1470 for Louis de Beaumont, lieutenant of Charles VII and who became one of Louis XI's close friends. The latter stayed at the mill when he came to hunt in Missé in 1472 and 1473. This building, which resembles a castle in size and appearance, has very high slate roofs. One of its crosses is armoured. Partly ruined at the beginning of the 20th century, the mill has benefited from restoration work that has allowed it to regain its former appearance.

Moulin à Missé 59 Rue du Pont Neuf - 79100 THOUARS

Go there with Google Maps