L'Hôtel Balizy

  • hotel balizy
  • hotel balisy + blason ville

Aimeri de Léau, Sieur de Balisy, ordinary valet to the Duke of Orléans and captain of the Château de Saint-Maixent from 1522 to 1549, had an imposing residence built in 1530.
With a classic facade and extended by a Renaissance-style gallery, the building notably welcomed Catherine de Medici and the Duke of Sully, passing through the city.
During the 17th century, the hotel housed the headquarters of the justice of the peace of the Saint-Maixentaise region.

In 2022, it underwent major complete rehabilitation work.
The Balisy hotel is now a site dedicated to learning music, singing, theater and a space for cultural mediation between amateur practice and professional practice.

L'Hôtel Balizy 19 rue Denfert-Rochereau - 79400 SAINT-MAIXENT-L'ECOLE

Go there with Google Maps