Eglise Saint-Eutrope du Vanneau

  • FACADE-OCCIDENTALE-5
  • CHASSE-DE-ST-EUTROPE

Raised from 1874 to 1876 in the Neo-gothic style, the church, dedicated to Saint Eutrope (the first bishop of Saintes martyred in the IV century) is consecrated in 1880 (conservation of a wall section of the old church in the construction of the Festival Hall). In 2001 and 2002, the interior was renovated by the municipality and the local community of Notre-Dame du Marais (Amuré, Arçais, Saint-Georges-de-rex and Le Vanneau).

To see: statue of Father de Montfort on the façade in memory of the passage of the Vendéen missionary, stalls, paintings of Saint Hilaire and Father de Montfort above the doors of the sacristy, stained glass windows of the apse representing Saint Eutrope surrounded by Pope Clement, Saint Eustelle, Saint Germaine, Saint Catherine of Siena and Saint Sabine, "chasse" of Saint Eutrope.

Eglise Saint-Eutrope du Vanneau Rue de l'Eglise - 79270 LE VANNEAU-IRLEAU

Go there with Google Maps

Nearby