Eglise de la Trinité

  • Eglise de la Trinité
  • Eglise de la Trinité

Built in the 17th century, it was rebuilt in the 19th century on the site of an old 12th century building, a Romanesque church. What remains today of this old church is the reconstructed Romanesque porch installed at the entrance to the presbytery
Regarding this building now, it was in the 17th century that the monks decided to build a new church. Work began in 1681 and took 15 years.
The church was burnt down during the Vendée War, like the rest of the town.
The original doors visible inside the church keep traces of break-ins committed during the inventories carried out by force in 1906 when the church and the state were separated.

Eglise de la Trinité - 79700 MAULEON

Go there with Google Maps