Eglise Abbatiale Notre-Dame De L'Absie

The abbey, founded in 1120 by Géraud de Salles, was badly damaged during the Hundred Year War. The church was rebuilt by Abbot Bernard d' Appelvoisin in the 15th century. Inside, a wall painting dating from the end of the Middle Ages shows Saint Michel beating the dragon and two other Middle Age wall paintings show the crucifixion and Saint Grégoire « Le Grand's » mass.
The Abbey Church will undergo a 3-year programme of renovation work.

Prestations

Equipments

  • Coach parking
Eglise Abbatiale Notre-Dame De L'Absie Place de l'Eglise - 79240 L'ABSIE

Go there with Google Maps

Nearby