Château de Marsay

  • 5b970fb89567a66c658b467c

Castle built between 1710 and 1718. The entrance postern, the towers located at the corners of the courtyard, at the end of the outbuildings and the dovecote remain from the old castle. A large avenue gives access to the courtyard of honour, limited at its entrance by two round towers. The one to the west has been transformed into a chapel. The castle itself comprises a simple main building. A wing situated at right angles to the north was destroyed in the 19th century. The interior retains a stone staircase with balusters, turning to the left, as well as the overmantel of the 19th century fireplace in the living room, which contains a painting attributed to Mignard.

Château de Marsay - 79100 THOUARS

Go there with Google Maps