Château de la Coindrie

  • Château La Coindrie-Luzay redimensionné

On the banks of the Thouaret, the remains of the Coindrie castle stand. Coindria was originally a monastery. In 1430 the canons were granted the right to fortify their property to protect themselves from enemy attacks. The site then underwent many transformations. Of the 15th century buildings, only the typical medieval entrance castle remains. It is composed of two round towers framing a square massif. The towers are pierced with archways and, on the ground floor, doors opening onto very small enclosed spaces. The central massif is marked by two openings: one pedestrian, the other, wider, ogive is a car door. On the upper floor, wide slits indicate the presence of a drawbridge. This level also has a guardroom, which was accessed via a parapet walk at the top of the walls, which have now disappeared.

Prestations

Equipments

  • Picnic area
Château de la Coindrie - 79100 LUZAY

Go there with Google Maps