Chapelle Saint Cyprien

  • ancien-prieure-saint-cyprien
  • bressuire-la-chapelle-saint-cyprien

This church, founded in the 10th century by the Viscount of Thouars who gave it to the Abbey of Saint-Cyprien de Poitiers, was rebuilt in the 13th century.
All that remains of the 13th century church is the circular apse in primitive Romanesque style and its cornice with modillions. The facade having been reworked it keeps a simple Romanesque door.
Bought in 1946 by the association "Les amis du vieux Bressuire", it was sold to the commune in 1949 to be transformed into a museum. Recently restored, it is currently used as a cultural space for exhibitions and events (concerts, etc.)

The building was listed as a historic monument in 1937.

Chapelle Saint Cyprien Rue du Péré - 79300 BRESSUIRE

Go there with Google Maps

Openings

MondayClose
TuesdayClose
WednesdayClose
ThursdayClose
FridayClose
Saturday14:30 - 18:30
Sunday14:30 - 18:30